Ask a Urologist   »  

Have itchy red spots on penis. What is this and how to get rid of it?

Good evening..
I have had red spots on my penis off and on. They seem to occur after I have sex with my wife. I am assuming it some type of friction. It does not seem to clear up. It doesn't really hurt but does itch especially if I am sweating I first saw if after a prolonged sexual night. Is there something I can do to clear up the redness? Or can it be something more serious. I have had one partner for a long time so I would think it cannot be herpes.
Posted Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later
Dear sir,

From your description it appears that you are having balanitis secondary to infection and you get the infection each time from your wife. You need to start yourself and your wife on oral fluconazole tablets and local application of antifungal cream.

The infection can happen even if both of you have steady relationship. I shall be keen to get your random blood sugar done as this condition is much more common in diabetes.

All the best. Take care.

Rajiv Goel