Have itchy red spots on back. What could this be?

Dec 2012

I have 4-5 red spots on each side of my spine on mid to lower back. They itch a little but nothing unbearable. They just appeared in the last week or so. What could this be?
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thanks for posting on HCM
Well it is going to be difficult to determine the cause of the rash without actually seeing it. I would have loved to know how long the rashes had been on your back?
Based on your description of the lesion and its location, it is possible that you are having one of the following skin conditions contact dermatitis, pityriasis rosea, petechiae, folliculitis and just to name a few. Exact cause can only be determined with knowledge of its duration, distribution/location, sizes, surface etc.
You can apply steroid lotions such as hydrocortisone 0.05% twice daily to treat the affection. If it persist, do visit a dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment.

Hope this helps
Dr Nsah