Have itchy, red outbreaks on buttocks, exuding clear fluid, not herpes. Shingles?

For some years I have had itchy red small outbreaks around my buttocks which exudede clear fluid. They last 4 to 5 days and end up leaving scarring .
My husband nor I have had Herpes. He had an unprotected sexual relationship with a woman shortly before my breakouts started. Could he have infected me even though he is unsymptomatic. I have had no other sexual partner in my life other than my Husband.
At present the lesions are larger and confined to on side of my buttocks and I have flu like symptoms and painful aching in my pelvic upper thigh ares, both sides. Could this be Shingles?
Are Herpes and shingles similar?
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 6 hours later
Hello. Welcome .
Thanks for your question . I would be pleased to answer your question .

Yes, Herpes Zoster and Shingles are the same . They present with large Cluster of blisters on the area involved. They are also associated with pain and flu like symptoms sometimes.
Could you also send me a photo of the lesions so I can advice you better .

Thanks and Take care