Have itchy red bumps on scrotum and foreskin. Cause and cure?

Dec 2012

I have flat red bumps in my scrotum and on the foreskin and on my penis. I have had it for a few weeks and it has gotten progressively worse. There's some itch but I can't if its jut because I'm thinking about it or if it really itches. My foreskin is a little itchy though. I tried an over the counter anti fungal and it hasn't worked. I'm XXXXXXX and sexually active but am am rarely the insertive partner and haven't done that in months.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

Thanks for posting,
It must not necessarily be fungal infection and could be bacterial skin infection which will require insteqd topical antibacterial cream such as erythromycin or neomycin (can be obtained OTC). Also topical steroid could also be useful in this situation. Try using hydrocortisone cream twice daily. If these fail consult a dermatologist asap for proper review and treatment.

Hope this helps