Have itchy rashes on the front part of body. On antibiotic for mild fever. How to get cured?

Jul 2012

Hi Doc, I have rashes on the front part of my body from just below the neck to the knee. Initially i got a very big rash on my fore-arm( it was little itchy) so i applied fourderm. When it was just reducing little they appeared on my lower abdomen and after 2 days on the innterside of my hands . I experienced mild fever. The doctor put me on antibiotics (I dont remember the name now - its 650mg ) and i am taking them 2wice daily since 4days ( the course is for 5days). For these rashes i am aksed to use Cetaphil soap and lotion. And before sleep she administered (I dont have the name it is some thing like 0.1 T.. i will provide the details by tomoro if required)... i see no or little improvement.. she told me it is due to a water borne virus.. Currently i dont have fever, i feel uneasy and drowsy, little weak and these rashes are itchy. Pls suggest..Pls find the photos of 1. rash on hand 2. rash on abdomen 3. on inner arms.
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 6 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX!
I note your history with interest.
Dermatology however is a visual field.
Would it be possible for you to upload some clear digital photos of the lesions esp the original one & others using the 'upload data' icon on this site to the right of your screen?!
It does not seem to be showing up at my may contact the site administrators' for help.
From your history & clinical description purely, it does appear to be a rash suggestive of a condition called Pityriasis Rosea.
This is a skin reaction pattern arising from some virus infections preceding this rash & usually resolves sans treatment in 3-6 weeks (natural course).
For the itch, which i believe is mild, do take an antihistamine tablet called fexofenadine 180mg once/day. This is both non-sedative & acts for 24 hrs.
Use the cetaphil lotion atop wet skin as many times as required.
I dont really know what antibiotic you have used; however, no antibiotic is needed if indeed it is a fungal infection. Having said that erythromycin or its derivatives have been tried & proven to be of some use!
Do hope this info is useful; await your photos!
Cheers & Here's wishing you continued good health & hopefully a clear skin soon!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India.
Follow-up: Have itchy rashes on the front part of body. On antibiotic for mild fever. How to get cured? 38 hours later
Hi Doc,
the medication was
1. t clarum 625mg - 5days
2. T medrol 16mg - 5days 1 in a day. ( Ps note .. I havent started taking this yet... pls advise for this as well.. )
3. T momoz once during night
4 & 5 . cetaphil moisturizing lotion and bar. for 10 to 15days.
i have attached 2 photos.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 9 minutes later
Viewed the photograph you sent across..touch blurry but still stand by my diagnosis & note all the medications you are on.
Take the medrol tab as recommended. It should help in the clearance.
As i said earlier, it will take its natural course & symptomatic measures suffice.
If nearby, do drop into my clinic for a second detailed opinion in person.
I would go with a skin biopsy before starting said medrol if one wants to be pucca!
Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Follow-up: Have itchy rashes on the front part of body. On antibiotic for mild fever. How to get cured? 6 minutes later
Thankyou doc ! too bad i m stationed in hyderabad... in that case i will start medrol and keep you posted on the same..
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 12 minutes later
I always feel bad too when the good lookin women are always outside of town :(
Yep, that is probably the way to go going forward.
A question i failed to ask earlier is 'are you married or have a partner & do they have a similar issue?'
Should you desire discretion, feel free to call on my no. if you care to..& can pass this onto you or you may get it from my unclear if it shows up at your end!?
Cheers & Good Luck..
P.S. Do close this query if done as it bouncesd back into my inbox (system glitches) else as a follow-up.
Follow-up: Have itchy rashes on the front part of body. On antibiotic for mild fever. How to get cured? 1 hour later
I m married however he does not have such a problem .. not yet .. :)
yeah.. i have your number .. Thankyou goodday!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 35 minutes later
Good for you XXXXXXX the honeymoon still goes on ;-)
Usually my opinion is it lasts the first one month :)
Do call anytime & have a great day yourself! Cheers!