Have itchy rashes on stomach, patches on lower leg. Not cured by cream. How to treat this?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi I have had a rash that started on my stomach on the bottom left hand side, I now have two patches on both lower legs and it becomes really flaky and itchy. I have had all sorts of creams for eczema but none have worked. I have been having pubic hair loss and being very itchy there also. I have had the rashes for over a year now and I now have scaring on my stomach were the skin has gotten thick ( I was told this when I was in hospital for gald bladder complaint) The itchiness is terrible and it looks bad too, its driving me mad
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Patches persisting for more than a year, flaky and itchy, possibly you are having Psoriasis.
Have you consulted a Dermatologist? What was their opinion?
If it is psoriasis, there are many modes of treatment available from topical steroids, Vitamin D analogs, keratinolytic agents, tretinoins, photo-therapy and also systemic drugs like Methotraxate etc.
Along with the above, antihistamines to alleviate itching and multivitamin containing Omega 3 fatty acids will help you better. If you could upload the pictures of the patches I will be able to tell more about the problem.

Kindly rule out any septic focus like caries denture, Tonsilitis, Sinusitis, worms, ear problem etc. and the same has to be corrected to get a complete relief.

If you have not met a Dermatologist so far, try to XXXXXXX him/her once and they will be able to help more in this regards.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr S.Murugan