Have itchy rashes on outer thigh and inner arm. How to remove this?

Jul 2012

Hi, I have a rash on my outer thighs and inner arms in the elbow crease they look like pimples but if squeezed act more like welts they have been there for weeks I can't tell if they are spreading they also go up my bottom cheek. When I get tired I start to get itchy all over mainly around my hair line, neck and upper torso. I've seen a doctor but they aren't sure what it is. Please help me it's driving me crazy it feels a bit like bugs are crawling on me sometimes but I can't see anything and I've eliminated new foods, washing detergents etc.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there.
Thanks for your detailed history but was wondering if you could upload good clear digital images of the affected regions?
Please try & use topical steroids eg betamethasone coupled with fusidic acid cream combinations on the affected areas together with a once a day non-sedative systemic antihistamine eg fexofenadine 180 mg tabs taken once daily together with liberal application of moisturisers.
One may require to visit a dermatologist nearest you to get a skin biopsy done & give you a clearer picture as to what exactly it is you ail from.
Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD