Have itchy rash on leg, oozing yellow liquid. Using fucidin cream and antibiotic. Boils all over body. Related?

Hello, i have a 8cm sore on my leg.It's oozing a yellow liquid. Started as an itchy boil, and spread after scratching.It looks like tiny sores, all oozing. Doctor gave me Fucidin cream, and antibiotics for 5 days now, but doesn't seem to be working. After 2 weeks ,one day I had boils all over my body, that oozed and dried.Can you tell me what it is and what can else can i do? Thanks for your help. Celia
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 39 minutes later

Thanks for writing here.
The description seems to be infected eczema. Sometimes when we scratch boil like lesions they get ruptured and secretions coming out can irritate our skin leading to eczema. This irritation again leads to scratching and causing secondary infection by bacteria and other germs.

Do complete the course of antibiotics prescribed by your doctor. Wash only with water. Do not apply any soaps, harsh antiseptics over it, otherwise it will lead to more irritation. You can apply cold sponging which will give you a soothing effect.

You can start oral antihistaminic like Cetrizine and apply a steroid antibiotic combination like Fucibet over the affected area for few days. They are available over the counter.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.