Have itchy raised rash around waist, inner arms, neck, back, legs and buttocks. Prescribed Prednisone. Have Asthma. Guide?

I have a very itchy raised rash around my waist, inner arms, neck back and legs and buttocks. I am on blood thinners due to 5 cardovascular stents. My waist area is very sensitive to touch and is sore to the touch, feels tender inside.
I have been proscribed Prednisone, an Anti hestimine but did not assist. I am on a broad based anti biotic, Augmentim fornthenpast three days but not helping. Can ou advise?
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Though blood thinners can induce red rash (purpura)over body, these would hardly be itchy, tender or painful.
Other causes could be eczema, contact dermatitis, fungal infection, scabies, drug induced allergic rash, urticaria etc.
I would be in a better position to answer if you could attach an image of your concerned lesions.

Also I would like to know
Since how long are you having it
If lesions are transient or permanent
If preceding history of exposure to sun, farm exposure, any particular plant, new cream, cosmetic, new drug etc.
If lesions are itchy more in night
Description of rash- raised bumps, patches, annular lesion etc.

Hoping to hear from you soon.