Have itchy pus filled bump on penis. Swollen lymph node in groin area. How to treat this?

I have a bump on my penis that itches and when squeezed oozes a clear liquid. My lymph nodes in my groin on my right thigh are also tender as well as bumps on arms and stomach itching and oozing when squeezed. What could this be?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

The itches, clear fluid when squeezed and lymph nodes are indicative of an infectious process. Clear fluid is orienting towards a viral infection.

It is important to get a few aspects of your past history clear. Any past history of chicken pox? Any recent exposure to unprotected sex?

The lesions especially at the genitals with clear fluid and itches is suggestive of genital herpes infection. Carrying out a proper physical examination on its own could be sufficient for a preliminary diagnosis. It might also be necessary and proper to carry out serologic tests for like Cytomegalovirus are also possibilities.Similar lesions on the arms of stomach could be due to spread maybe from contamination or scratching.

My suggestion is consulting your fungal skin infections could present as such but lymph node involvement under those circumstances is actually very rare.

Doing some other blood tests based on the physician s evaluation might be appropriate.

Thanks and best regards. feel very free asking further questions or other worries if need be and thanks for using XXXXXXX

Dr Luchuo, MD.