Have itchy purple lump below knee. How to cure this?

I have a purple lump that is itching just below left knee it's been there for 4month???
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 3 hours later

Before discussing the likely cause of the lump I would appreciate if you can provide the following information and, if possible, upload a photograph of it using the feature available on the site:
1. What is the size of the lump?
2. What is the consistency of the lump?
3. What is the exact location of the lump with respect to the knee?
4. Is the lump fixed or moveable? If moveable then does it move with the movement of the thigh muscles?

Usually some veins become prominent which can give rise to a bluish/purple discolouration of the overlying skin. They may blanch on pressure and refill after the pressure is released. However they do not itch.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back for any clarification or share any other information on the condition.

Wishing you all the best.