Have itchy pimple on penis. No relief after applying cream. Which specialist should I consult?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Dear Doctor,
I have reddish on the glans along with discharge. It has some sort of pimples.
It is very itchy and I am very uncomfortable.
I have used Iodine solution to clean it and then have been applying Sarfaz SN cream which has considerably reduced the itchyness but the skin is still broken and has redness.
Please let me know who shall I consult @Bangalore. Please suggest a Doctor.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 45 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare Magic.My self Dr S K Kanodia and will try to provide you the best of information regarding your query.

It appears from your query that you are having fungal infection of the glans area known as "Candidal Balanoposthitis". In this condition there is redness of the glans and prepuce (skin covering over glans) area. If there is more of infection then there is appearance of small pus filled beads and finally discharge from the same. This condition is common in uncircumcised males as in your case and also middle aged men where the hygiene is not proper. Otherwise also it can be a sign of raised blood sugar.

This responds well to anti-fungal creams or mixed creams as in your case you applied Surfaz SN cream which contains anti-fungal (clotrimazole) in it. You can XXXXXXX a dermatologist near your area or can locate the person in Bangalore from our forum. He will guide you for the best of oral and topical treatment as well as other of possible causes leading to same.

Otherwise also there are certain suggestions I would like to give you:
1. Clean the genital area two times thoroughly and gently by retracting your prepuce completely backwards.
2.At this time you do saline water compression meaning 1 glass of water with pinch of salt in it and then cotton soaked in the water and compressing for 5 minutes.
3. Apply the medication in a very thin layer so that it should not be visible.
4. Do not use any kind of medication without the advice of the doctor (like you used Iodine solution which can actually burn the skin if applied directly on glans)
5. Go for your blood sugar checkup
6. Kindly ask your partner also if she has some problem of white discharge. If so, it needs to be treated so that there should not be any recurrence.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.
"Wish you good health"
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia (MD- Dermatology & STD)

Follow-up: Have itchy pimple on penis. No relief after applying cream. Which specialist should I consult? 22 minutes later
Thanks Doctor.
This was very informative. I will follow the advises given by you.
Please can you let me know a doctor I can consult here @Bangalore for this.

If you are available at any of the clinics at Bangalore, please let me know and I would like to consult you / Else If you can please suggest a doctor either from this Forum or otherwise, with whom I can fix an appointment for consultation @Bangalore in person.

Thanks Again for all your help!
You have a 'Good Health" as well.

Best Regards,
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX Welcome again to the forum.
I was searching for the best doctor in Bangalore and I found the one-Dr. Sachidananda 284, 17th Cross, 7th Main, XXXXXXX Nagar, Bangalore- 0000, Phone: (080) 0000; Mobile: 0000. You can fix the appointment with him or you can XXXXXXX him in Bangalore Medical College or you can XXXXXXX any good dermatologist near your area.
For myself if you are any time visiting Pink city Jaipur then will have a cup of coffee together or I will take it in Bangalore but not this time my dear.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help or if you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.Wish you good health and great life ahead.
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
(MD- Dermatology & STD)