Have itchy pimple like bumps all over scrotum. How to get rid of this?

I have pimple like bumps all over my scrotum. They have been there for some time. It itchs a lot and I want them gone. What is the best way to get rid of them.
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 16 minutes later
These lesions look like lesions of nodular scabies.
To treat the same
Apply 5 percent permethrin whole body neck downwards( do not apply on face) overnight and bathe next day. Only single application is required
Take tablet cetirizine daily
Apply mometasone cream twice daily over these raised lesions. These might take two to three weeks to resolve.

Lesions of scabies are usually seen at other places too like finger webs, abdomen, inner side thighs, forearms wrist etc apart from genitals. The itching is usually severe in night. Are you having itching or small eruptions at these sites too?

If there is no response in a week or so, kindly schedule an appointment with your dermatologist to rule out sebaceous cyst of scrotum. As such these cysts are not itchy but sometimes when these get inflammed, these might become itchy.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be any query feel free to write back.

Ps should there be no query, we may close the discussion.
Follow-up: Have itchy pimple like bumps all over scrotum. How to get rid of this? 22 hours later
Yes, the bumps do itch and mostly at night. A few have erupted similar to a pimple. A harder, not solid, substance came out. Is this treatment over the counter or do I need a RX? Should the rest of my family do the treatment as well?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 9 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
The treatment provided is available over the counter.
If other members are having itching too, then everybody should apply permethrin cream only as advised.