Have itchy penis after protected sex. What are the risk of HIV?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I had sex with an excort she gave me a protected blow job and used the same condom for sex but after ejaculation I didn't pull it of her immediately so after I took it off I saw little semen around my base . The condom never broke What is the risk of HIV Here please.....inside of my penis is itching at the glans area ......but its within .... could it be from the condom i used ? and what if her fluid came in contact with my semen around my base ?
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there.
I do recall answering a similar query last week. At the time, the gentleman in question did not have an irritation around the glans. Judging by your history & clinical description, it seems more likely than not, that the itching & irritation in your glans area is related to the lubricant or chemicals in the condom. Please use a topical cream with betamethasone & miconazole combine (eg Candid-B) locally twice/day in small quantities for 2-3 days. It should clear up the problem. To this local medication, you can add an oral tablet of fluconazole 200mg admixed or taken together with a 2gm tinnidazole (comes in a combination tablet in some parts of the world...unclear about the ukraine & requires a prescription). Drink loads of water. The risk of HIV is marginal & in my opinion, unless there is an admixture of blood & blood products, it is negligible...same as for a needlestick injury- 0.03-0.1% So relax. Am certain you washed well with soap & water immediately after..so its all good. Wish you a safe & protected sexual life hereafter & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD