Ask a Urologist   »  

Have itchy penis. Could it be due to using condom?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Doctor, how you doing ? Sorry for coming in again.... inside of my penis is itching at the glans area ......but its within .... could it be from the condom i used ? and i hope you remembered our previous chat
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
HI Again ,
Thanks for writing in.
I remember our previous conversation well.
The itching can be due to latex allergy due to condom also it can be due to fungal infection called candidiasis.
Also I would like to know-
Is there any visible lesion/change on glans?
Itching is more during day or night?
Is there any associated burning micturition or fever?
Answer the questions and we can continue the discussion here.
Also till the time you can take tab.Zyrtec twice daily.This will help a lot in itching.

Awaiting your response.
DrSudarshan
Skin and STD.

Follow-up: Have itchy penis. Could it be due to using condom? 8 minutes later
No changes in my glans i just checked... the itching is on and off but its during the day.... and also around my pubic hair itches me too.... and my whole body itches me too but not much...... no fever
Ok now its itching at the outside too and I see some little few spots but they r really few like 4 around the middle of the penis
And I hope this got nothing to do with HIV
one last thing..... the hard palate on mouth is slightly hurting..... no sore throat ......but I have had block nose for a while now since its very cold where i am so i mostly breath thru my mouth at nite... ? and i hope this got nothing to do with the girl i had sex with

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX,
The red dots and itching suggest contact dermatitis (may be due to condom ).
It does not appear to be any STD or HIV related illness.
You can take Tab zyrtec twice daily and apply hydrocortisone cream over the area once a day.It will take care of the condition.
If you can upload the image of affected area it would be of great help in predicting the condition.
Also mouth lesion can be apthous ulcer or traumatic ulcer .It also does appear to STD related .
Upload the image and we can continue the discussion here.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have itchy penis. Could it be due to using condom? 1 minute later
Ok i will sened that tomorrow morning thank you so much.... do you have any XXXXXXX fund and how can i contact you outside this place and give u a gift cos you are very kind
ok i sent pictures

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 35 hours later
Hi again,
Ive gone through the photos of glans and oral cavity.It does look like any STD or specific disease.
It is just irritation caused by sexual act and condom used.
There is nothing to be worried about. Follow my previous advise and apply hydrocortisone cream twice daily and take tab.zyrtec twice daily.
Within a week everything should subside.
I do not have any XXXXXXX fund.If you wish to donate you can donate to UNICEFs fund.
I wish you good health .
You are also kind as you are willing to donate .
Regards .

Follow-up: Have itchy penis. Could it be due to using condom? 4 hours later
You mean it does not look like STD ? cos you wrote it looks like lol ?..... and Thanks so much

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi again,
Sorry for the typing mistake.The lesions DO NOT look like STD.
Hope this helps to calm your mind.
Regards.

Thanks so much

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Thanks I wish you good health .
Regards.