Have itchy patches on groin area. Tested negative for STI. What could this be?

Jan 2013

I have a patch of itchy skin where my scrotal sack meets my pubic area (sort of in the crease) that is discolored (either lighter than my usual tone or red) it itches 50% of the time very badly. Had an STI screening recently that was clean and have been careful and would love to know what this is
Posted Tue, 1 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 23 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.
Svere itching in pubic region along with skin discoloration may be due to fungal infection which is called as "Tinea cruris".
This infection is very common in males and spread by contaminated hands.
Although you have history of scalp psoriasis but possibility appears to be negligible.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ Dermatologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for KOH mount preparation for detection of fungal hyphae.
You should also take anti-fungal medicines under strict guideance of your treating doctor.
You should avoid soap application at infected site.
Avoid tight and rough clothes.
Wear soft cloth undergarments.
You should also apply anti-fungal powder at infected site.
Hope for speedy recovery.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava