Have itchy patch on chest, red bumps on back of neck, throat and chest. What's wrong?

Question
please help me and tell me its wrongim my name is XXXXXXX im 21 well my problem started about a week ago I got a big red bump on the back of my neck on the left side I thought it was pimple but when I tryed to pop it it hurt to bad I poped ot the next night and then a other appear on my right side same thing I finally popped it and now I got one on my throat some smaller ones on my chest arm going to my back and they hurt when touched and i got a big red itshy patch on my chest
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing to Health care magic

The description provided by you fits into what is called Herpes zoster.

This occurs after a episode of chicken pox which one might have had in childhood. (The virus remains dormant in the nerve cells and gets reactivated when immunity decreases)

The rash occurs on a particular segment of the body. It may be associated with severe pain, burning sensation, itching, pins and needle sensation. (as described by you) This subsides over a period of two weeks or so.

Analgesics (to relieve pain) , antiviral drugs such as acyclovir, antihistaminics (to decrease itching) are usually used in the treatment of this condition.

A clinical examination is required to help in diagnosis. Please consult your doctor for the same.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Have itchy patch on chest, red bumps on back of neck, throat and chest. What's wrong? 5 hours later
thank you

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 4 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks once again for writing to health care magic.

I pray God for your speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Have itchy patch on chest, red bumps on back of neck, throat and chest. What's wrong? 50 minutes later
me too and i have one more question my 3month son has a raw looking rash with little bumps and white patches i keep it dry and he wears bibs that feeling time what cause that be

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 44 minutes later

Thanks for writing once again.

Are you asking about the rash at the neck creases?

It is caused by friction of those skin folds. Added to that the feeding, drooling saliva aggravate the problem.

This problem improves as the baby-sits. Continue keeping the area dry. Do not rub the area with wipes. Clear the area with wet soft cloth. Antifungal creams and low dose steroid creams are tried by some doctors.

Hope I answered your question.