Have itchy inner thighs and testicles. What to do?

Feb 2013

I have itchy inner top thighs and testicles witch i cant stop itching what do i do
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The common causes of itchy inner thighs and scrotum is due to excessive sweating leading to fungal infections of skin.

Due to presence of sweating and excessive moisture, the fungus will grow in the groin and scrotal region causing fungal infection with associate itching.

Is there any skin papules or rash?

Do you have any allergy to food or other products?

I advise you to wear loose, cotton underwear to allow air inside which will prevent sweating and accumulation of moisture.

For itching, you can apply a calamine consisting lotion externally over skin for soothing effect on skin.

Oral antihistamines like tablet cetrizine can be taken in prescribed dose to get relief from itching.

If it is due to fungal infection as on examination by the doctor, local application of an anti fungal cream is required to treat the infection.

Therefore I advise you to consult the doctor for physical examination and prescription of medication.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know along with the details I have asked.