Have itchy, flaky skin on my testicals. Applied hydrocortizone cream, not cured. Treatment?

hello there
i sometimes have flaky skin on my testicals also i does get a bit itchy also on my penis it does go very red but not always itchy i sometimes use hydrocortizone cream and that makes it feel great but then after a while it comes back can you help me as my relastionship suffers my long time girlfriend is very understanding but i still get very very ambarrassed thank you
Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

Redness and flakiness at genitals can be a fungal infection or an allergic reaction to any application.
Fungal infection like Candida causes erythema, burning , itching and flakiness along with fissuring at times.

Hydrocortisone is a steroid which can only suppress the symptoms but not cure it. A course of antifungals is required to treat the condition completely.

I would suggest you to visit a qualified dermatologist in your area for a detailed exist ion and treatment as oral antifungals are prescription drugs.

Dr. Rohit Batra