Have itchy burning skin on penis due to yeast infection. Could I use a expired clotrimazole cream?
User rating for this question
I believe I have a yeast infection on my penis... white itchey burning skin. Tears on the side of the head, and swelling near the tears.. I have a tube of clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate cream usp that is expired for a year...should I use the cream and any other home remides untill I can see my dr... thanks
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not use the expired product... Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, the symptoms seems to be due to infection. Though yeast infection looks very likely other infections cannot be excluded. Though the visit to the doctor is the ideal approach to deal this problem, but if the doctor visit is far away, you can use antifungal products without serious implications. Expired products loose potency in few months, therefore if you wish you use the antifungal, you can by a new one such as lotrimin which is available over the counter. Alternatively you can leave it alone until you see the doctor later. Wear a loose cotton underwear until then and refrain from sexual activity. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
People also viewed
- Creams used for yeast infections
- Clotrimazole cream yeast infection
- Ring worms and nipples
- Itchy legs due to yeast infection
- Rub skin off nipple
- Wound throbing at night
- Nipple tender red and scab
- Clotrimazole vaginal yeast infection cream
- Is tingling of the hands or feet a side effect of copaxone?
- Surfaz cream for yeast infection for penis
- Is itching and swelling of eyelid a side effect of tobradex?
- Is coughing or spitting up blood a side effect of cipro xr?
- Is feversore throat and fever a side effect of cleocin hcl?
- Yeast and staph on nipples
- Is loss of interest or pleasure a side effect of clozapine?