Have itchy bumps on penis. Tested negative for HIV, hepatitis and VDRL. Worrisome

Jul 2012

HI I need help about painless bumps on my penis.

I remmeber to be have slight itching irritation on my Penis head about an year or two before.

Starting 6 months back I have had two blisters on my penis foreskin which is not painful. They started as small dots and grew larger. They are not too big but average skin colourd lumps which some times turn red (on maturbation for eg:). Last 2-3 months I have started to have more dots around hte same place (around 8-9).

I tested for HIV, Hepatitis infection and VDRL. All tests were negative.

Can you please help me how to go about with my tests as I am not sure about sexual diesease diagnosis centers in Bangalore.
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 36 minutes later
Hi there.
I am from Bangalore & would be happy if you dropped in for a consultation at the earliest with all your previous reports. VDRL is a non-specific test; please do a TPHA test & /0r a Fta-Abs test for treponema Pallidum. Are you in contat with any of the previous sexual contacts? This will help your case greatly. My centre is at XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore off XXXXXXX street. Please let me know when convenient ...i am here daily from 12.30 pm onwards till 6;30 pm daily except XXXXXXX which is a diwali holiday! Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, off XXXXXXX street, next to XXXXXXX showroom, Bangalore.
Follow-up: Have itchy bumps on penis. Tested negative for HIV, hepatitis and VDRL. Worrisome 7 minutes later

Can you please provide your contact info so that I can call you and fix an appointment.

I was planning ti do a IGg test to see if it is Herpes Simplex. Can HSV create blisters lasting for 6 months and keep adding? I heard herpes creates bilisters taht go away in some time then re appear after 2-3 months. While in my case it has never healed for 6 months. It is painless, small (not too small) and increasing in numbers from 2 starting to around 10 now and all on the penis shaft skin including my uncircumcized fore skin.

Is there any good testing and treatment centers / doctors in KR Puram area or ITPL area? It makes my travel to visit doctor easy. Also I have a onsite in next 2 weeks so I want thinks to go quick.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
From your description, it may just be viral warts. However, if you wish to do a herpes test IgG & IgM type 1 & 2 please do them at a centre like XXXXXXX Diagnostics & they should have a branch near you. Bring along the results & you are welcome to visit my hospital anytime between 12.30-6.30 daily except sunday & XXXXXXX (public holiday). My mobile no. is 0000 but for appts, please call my secretary Vasugi on 080-0000 or 0000 Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD XXXXXXX Hospital,
Off XXXXXXX road, nxt to XXXXXXX showroom