Have itchy bumps on fingers, sore throat and fever. How to get relief?

I have small itchy and now just a little uncomfortable sores or bumps on my fingers which seem to blister when scratched too much, and they seem to be multiplying in only 1 day. I have an accompanying fever - right now 102 - and a sore throat. I went to the doctor and he dismissed everything - didn't have a fever when I visited - and prescribed cipobay, but said not to take it unless symptoms got worse. I am traveling on holiday in 2 days with friends and family including 22 month old baby. They had hand foot and mouth disease in one student as his day car center, but it seems our son didn't get it or if he did it is mild symptoms. He had a fever a few nights ago. And now has oral thrush but other than that OK. I have looked up symptoms and it looks like HFMD or scabies, but you don't get fever or sore throat with scabies. Anything you can say to help would be appreciated. I am in thailand now
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

You mention that your son had come in contact with a case of hand, foot and mouth disease in the day care centre. It is better to be cautious and consider your illness as one unless proved otherwise. Since you did not have fever when you consulted your doctor there is no harm in informing him of the situation now.

As the treatment of hand, foot and mouth disease is symptomatic, you should take acetaminophen to control your fever and apply some lotion over the sores so as to reduce itching.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications.

Wishing you an early recovery so that you can enjoy your holiday.