Have itchy bruise on inner thigh and painful throat. Took antibiotic. Underlying cause?

My inner thigh itches badly and now I have huge bruises, looking like bleeding under the skin. And other parts start too like my chest etc and get blotchy big bruises, but I do not scratch hard. also have a very hurtful bad throat and that since at least 5 weeks and despite 2 courses of anitbotics
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Itching of inner thigh could be because of various causes and one of them is fungal infection of the skin. A physical examination will identify the condition and antifungal creams prescribed by your doctor will be helpful.

Bruising under the skin with out much itching or trauma requires to be investigated. It could be complication of the medications you are on or can occur in various conditions like decreased platelet count or increased fragility of vessels which can occur in various conditions. After through examination to identify if it is bleeding under the skin or some other rash investigations like platelet count, prothrombin time etc are done to arrive at a diagnosis.

If your throat has some infection and not improving with antibiotics a throat swab for culture is required and based on this antibiotics are to be prescribed.

Hope this helps.