Have itchy black dots around private area. Could it be demodex?

General Surgeon
hi have been very itchy around my private area,i scrath so much its the skin sheads off ,and my scrotom aswell is itchy,but when pulled a hair from there i could see something very small stuck on the end of my hair,includeing my pubic area,and anus,so itchy,sometimes they look like small black dots,on the hair,but also seem to be my eyelashes,its been like this a long time relly need help,,,also my nasel hair i find little things on the end of my hair ,and itchy,my head hair hasent been growing its the same lenght,for ages,,i thought it might been demodex not sure
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 23 minutes later
As per your query,it is a fungal infection.
It is taenia corporis which affects the scrotum,surrounding areas and extend peripherally even around the anus.It will be very itchy.
Demodex is found in the hair follicles of cheek,eye brows,eye lashes,nose and forehead.There is no relation to this mite to the hair growth.
For fungal infection,apply cream containing anti fungal drug Clotrimazole or Miconazole along with corticosteroid like betamethasone over the affected areas.
Please take flucanozole tablet orally once a week.
You should keep your underwear in hot water before cleaning/washing.
Nothing to worry
All your symptoms will come down
If you have any queries,i will clarify further
Wish you good health and speedy recovery
Follow-up: Have itchy black dots around private area. Could it be demodex? 22 minutes later
thankyou doc,but about the things iv seen at the end of the hair like in eyelashes,and nose,hair i forgot to mention,my hair looks to be going bald at the top,like very thin out looking,and there is something in my hair when i shake i fell out real easy,and itchy,thankyou doc for you reply
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 11 hours later
The things seen at the end of the hair of eyelashes and nose may be face mite,demodex folliculorum.
These may be present even in the hair.It can lead to loss of hair.
Please apply 50% tea tree oil.
For mild cases,use 20% tea tree oil.
Wish you good health