Have itchy and red spot on skin. No relief from anti isthamine tablet. Diagnosed with food allergy. Treatment?

Hi Doctor,
i have itchiness and red spot on my abdomen, upper arm on fight side and left thigh and both butocks since more than 1 week. i saw a skin specialist as per his advice i took anti isthamine tablet only, his final diagonosis was food allergy. since 30 years i dont have any history of any allergic to food and any drugs also. after anti ishtamine also i have same itchiness. what is the problem and can u tell me the treatment of this.
Thanking You
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 1 hour later

Welcome to healthcare magic

I understand your concern about your skin condition .

Itchy and red spot on skin are due to many reasons .some common reasons are
-fungal infection
-drug or food allergy
-miliaria(prickly heat)
-contact dermatitis
-bacterial infection .

Only from description, it is difficult to suggest more about diagnosis and treatment .
It is better if you send me some pictures of your skin problem .

Till that you should continue anti histaminic medicine .

Hope to hear from you soon .