Have itchy and painful anus. What could it be?

Hi there, i'm a healthy 27 yrs old male. For the last week, my anus as been hitchy and a bit painfull when going to the bathroom. Even after showering and cleaning, I would check with a mirror and see my anus red and someking of a white/gray residue that smells really bad (like poop). What could it be. I am embarrassed about this and kinda scared to talk to my doctor about it.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 24 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Possible causes are.----
1. Anal fissure. Crack - in simple terms - following passage of hard stools.
2. Fistula - connection between the inside of the rectum and the outside.
3. Piles - engorgement of the veins of the area.

You need physical examination to diagnose. Doctors are not that bad to be scared of.

Till that time, try

1. Stool softeners.
2. High fibre diet.
3. Lignocaine jelly in the area of pain as needed, before and after opening bowels.

Hope this helps,