Have itching sensation on upper back. Remedy?

Dec 2013

I have itching sensation all the time on my upper back. It is there for almost 8 months now.
It vanished when turmeric was applied but returned again. please advice a remedy for this. Thanks!

Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly give detailed history as below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam,
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic.

I can understand your concern for the itching over your back since last 8 months.

There can be mutiple of possibilities of itching over your back. The history provided is too brief to reach to any conclusive point.

I request you to please kindly elaborate your query in detail so that I can help you best regarding the health issues. Kindly elaborate the problem in terms of -

- Is the itching present through out the day or only some hours of day.
- If present for some hours of day then any specific time period you observed for the same like in day or evening or night time.
- Is the itching present continuously from last 8 months or you got phase of remission in between and then it restated again.
- Do you feel any thing aggravating these eruptions like by exposure to sunlight, heat or humidity
- Any kind of eruptions or bumps you felt along with the itching. If yes then can you send a picture of the back so that I can analyze it better. For that you have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia.
- Any other systemic change you experienced.
- Your job profile- are you in desk job sitting continuously for some hours.
Kindly also provide anything related to query which you think is important to tell us.

Hope to hear you soon from your side to help and guide you best.
With best health wishes,
Dr Sanjay
MD Dermatology