Have itching problem, liquid paraffin works well. Advise?

want to cosult dermatologist for itching problem . will like to talk
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 49 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to healthcare magic.

I am Dr.Joshi and I hope I can help you. Itching is a bothersome problem in all ages. There are number of causes related to Itching. Itching can be associated with skin lesions or without skin lesions.

Before going for further discussion, it will be better if you send me following details.

1.Duration of your itching.
2.any skin lesions with itching. 3.photograph of your skin lesions
4.your detail medical history 5.other medications you are receiving. 6.any other information if you found it useful.

I hope I can help you in a better way if you send me above details. Awaiting for your response. Thanks
Follow-up: Have itching problem, liquid paraffin works well. Advise? 3 days later
1) 5 months
2 ) not understood
3 ) one of affected spot attach
4) no major illness . itching stared in XXXXXXX 2013 all medicine prescribed works very well bur problem relapses in few days even medicines are continued. calm cream and olive oil with liquid paraffin works well for external application. more problem at thies sitting on chair is very uncomfortable even if it is unaffected . i find my skin is hard does not have original flexibility . 5) and 6) please see attached prescription . better to talk for full understanding .
no attachment option ???

Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later

Thanks for follow up.

I have gone through your history and photograph.

You are probably suffering from chronic urticaria. It is a condition where constant red wheels appear and disappear over body with sever itching.

Chronic urticaria can occur in following conditions,
1.Food allergies
2.Any drugs such as sulfa, pain killers etc.
3.Any infective focus in body like urine infection, stomach infection etc
4.Increased acid secretion what is commonly known as acidity.
5Any other disorders like diabetes, thyroid etc.
6.Idiopathic in case any cause is not detected.

So ruling out exact cause is required for which you have to undergo certain blood tests and allergy tests.

Detecting exact cause will help to relive itching.

You need to continue medications in chronic urticaria cases even if you have no itching. You can just add one more anti histaminic like levocetrizine to your prescription.

I hope this can help you. Take care.