Have itching on one side of neck, jaw, chin and cheeks. Suggest remedy?

Excellent

Rheumatologist
Question
hello..
there is a lot of itching on my neck, jaws, chin and Cheek... only left side.. what is this doc ? 4 days back I shaved. this is 1st time I m having this itching. somtimes I feel that my lower lip is also itching and shivering.
pls suggest some remedy.
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into this problem of yours sometimes itching may result after shaving due to dryness . Since you give history of having problem only on one side and no rashes , redness etc. it is very less likely to be an allergic reaction .

I will advise you to put a moisturiser over the affected region . Lactocalamine lotion is a soothing agent to be applied there after . An antihistaminic like levocetrizine 5 mg will reduce the itching . If it still persists then you need to see a dermatologist. In my opinion you can talk to your family doctor regarding this before taking these medications to look if there is no contraindication .

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Have itching on one side of neck, jaw, chin and cheeks. Suggest remedy? 11 minutes later
thanks Dr XXXXXXX
I will buy the medicines as mentioned above.

Brief Answer:
Thanks.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti