Have itching in eyes and sticky thing blocking vision. Had an outbreak of herpes. What could this be?

I had an outbreak of Herpes on my lower lip and one or two places on my face near my left eye several months ago which has subsided with medication. Since then I have problem with my eyes. They are some times itchy and most of the time as if some grit has entered into them. Some sticky thing blurs my vision momentarily clearing it as I move my eyelids several times
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 30 hours later
Thanks for sending your Query to us.
This i feel is a presentation ofvdry eye.This may occur due to age,aggrevated by herpez infection.
What you have to do is to put in a lubricant eye drop,4 to 5 times a day in both the eyes for about 4 weeks.
This should over a period of time relieve you of your symptoms.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.