Have itching around neck, ankles and under the head of the penis. Treatment?

I have itching around my neck, ankles and under the skin of the head of penis. It started about 2 weeks ago. Makes me crazy. Any ideas. I bought a Nutra Bullet and have been using it daily, adding ginger root to my smoothies. Also flax seeds. Could it be related? Thank You
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later

You are having Diabetes millitus (DM).
You are having generalized pruritus.

There are many causes of generalized pruritus. Most common cause is DM.
You go for laboratory test .. FBS (fasting blood sugar) and PPBS (Post prandial blood sugar) and confirm whether it is controlled.
If not controlled consult physician for effective treatment to control DM.

Obesity and dyslipidemia may be responsible for itching. Lipid profile should be done. If there is some defect ,best precaution should be taken.

Senile pruritus may be there, dryness is important factor.
Moisturizer should be used to relieve dryness.

Allergic dermatitis is another cause. Antihistaminics should be taken, application of mild steroid may be helpful. All this should be done under supervision of dermatologist. He is the perfect expert to diagnose the condition. He will thoroughly examine the lesions and diagnose the disease. If he feels that there is tinea infection, he will prescribe antifungal drugs.. Keen observation and perfect treatment will alleviate your pruritus.

If there is any query, you are welcome to contact me.

Best regards and hoping fast recovery.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD,DVD