Have itching and white bubbles on penis head after protected sex. Are these symptoms of HIV?

Infertility Specialist
Question
hi sir,
i had sex with prostitute 3 months back with condom...the condom was safe in that sex..but from last one month i am seeing small white bubbles on head of my penis and top skin layer peel off at the edges of penis...i am feared that is it a symptom of hiv....i am having lots of itching in that area...i am not interested to go to doctor so kinldy suggest some ointment or medicine for this and clarify is this a HIV symptom...
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 12 hours later

Thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns.

The lesions what you are describing could be pustules (small pus filled vesicles). These might me part of sexually transmitted disease or independent lesions. They have to be examined before prescribing medicine or ointment. To check whether you have an HIV infection or any other sexually transmitted disease, it is important to get investigated. That is the only confirmatory way of knowing it. I understand your difficulty of visiting a doctor. But, please do consult a dermatologist for a proper examination, investigation and treatment.

Condoms do protect from sexually transmitted diseases. The lesions you mentioned does not seem to be from an HIV infection. But, confirmation can be only after an investigation. With the history of itching, scabies seems to be a high possibility. Hope I am able to convey you the importance of visiting a dermatologist at the earliest.

Every government hospitals in India has VCTC (voluntary counselling and testing centres). HIV testing is free of cost and kept confidential. Please get it done to remove the doubt from your mind.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Have itching and white bubbles on penis head after protected sex. Are these symptoms of HIV? 4 days later
Sir,
As per ur concern i had gone for HIV 1 & 2 tests but the result is Non -reactive..
Still i am having Itchy white/red bumps with pus on penis head where the skin joins..
now from past 4 days i am getting itching and burning eyes and rashes on cheeks n chin on face.. so kindly suggest solution for my problem..i had done sex only 100 days back so will HIV test helps to recognize HIV in this stage...If my symptoms are related to HIV...This would have been reflected on test it self..so i feel this is not related to HIV..so what may be my problem..is it a allergy or due to over heat

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 11 minutes later

Glad to know that you got tested for HIV and its negative.

This must be a skin infection secondary to STD or an allergy. But what ever the reason could be, its likely to get into secondary bacterial infection which seems to be case with you.

These types of lesions need to be examined and a swab to be taken from the lesion to test for type of bacterial infection. Since you have got negative result on HIV I suggest you confidently see a doctor (preferable dermatologist) to get swab test done and take medicine as per swab culture and sensitivity report. It will be wrong for me to prescribe you medicines without examining or culture report.

It appears to be a minor bacterial infection which will definitely heal by swab culture and sensitivity. I encourage you to see a dermatologist who can treat it with ease.

I hope I answered your query.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol