Ask a Urologist   »  

Have itching and burning sensation while passing urine. What medication can I use for UTI?

Jan 2013

What medication can I use for urine now . Also discomfort along the urinary tract
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 17 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your query.
As you are a diabetic patient, you are at high risk of getting infection.
You should follow hygienic practice and try to use toilet if possible for better quality of life.
Ideal antibiotics for Urinary tract infection is decided by urine culture & sensitivity.
Few urine specific antibiotics are Norfloxacin, Nitrofurantoin, Balofloxacin.
You can also use Candid B gel as sometimes local fungal infection are present and may help in faster recovery.
I think this will solve your query.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava