Ask a Urologist   »  

Have itching and burning sensation during urinating. Taking citralka. Done with urine test. Suggest?

Excellent

Question
I have been experiencing itching/burning sensation during urinating since last 1 week. As suggested by Dr. XXXXXXX I have been taking Syr Citralka. I still suffer with the same. As per his suggestion I got my urine tested. Since the last conversation got closed, I am posting a new question. Please check the attached urine test report and suggest the further course of action.
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 hours later
Dear XXXXX,

Your report is clear and normal. This implies you either do not have the infection or the infection has resolved.

If your itching and burning sensation continues to remain the same, I would recommend you to consult an urologist. He/she can examine the area under light and see for clues of fungal infection or localised inflammation. Specific treatment in the form of oral drugs/topical ointments should provide you relief.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Have itching and burning sensation during urinating. Taking citralka. Done with urine test. Suggest? 21 minutes later
Thanks for the reply doctor. I was wondering could it be because of some STD. Is there any other test to determine or rule out this possibility?

Answered by Dr. Prasad 21 minutes later
Most genitourinary infection including fungus spread by unprotected sexual intercourse. So technically speaking genital infection is more often than not a sexually transmitted disease. The question is what type of infection you have.

As your urine examination is normal, it rules out bacterial infection including those in the list of serious STD"s

I suggest you to visit an urologist to exclude fungal infection. If you have had unprotected sexual intercourse with an unknown partner, then perhaps viral infection such as herpes also need to be considered. As both the conditions are diagnosed by clinical examination, no other test will be supreme compared to a visit to an urologist.

Hope this reply encourages you to see the doctor. Let me know if you need any other information.

Follow-up: Have itching and burning sensation during urinating. Taking citralka. Done with urine test. Suggest? 6 minutes later
Could you please refer a urologist to me who is in Bangalore.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 16 minutes later
If you stay or work close to ITPL Bangalore, you can visit Dr. P. T. XXXXXXX who is available at VIMS or Brookfield Hospital, Bangalore. His details are available on this link WWW.WWWW.WW
If you wish you can take the help of customer support team ( YYYY@YYYY ) and take his appointment.

WWW.WWWW.WW The other link lists some urologist area wise. Some doctors have user written reviews that can guide you.

I hope this helps.

Follow-up: Have itching and burning sensation during urinating. Taking citralka. Done with urine test. Suggest? 2 days later
Hello Doctor,
I have got my blood tested for VDRL. I have attached the report. Please check it and let me know whether it indicates any STD.

Thanks,
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Prasad 37 minutes later
Hi XXXXX

VDRL and Antitreponemal antibody test are tests to diagnose syphillis (one of sexually transmitted infection). The test reports are negative for syphillis.

Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Follow-up: Have itching and burning sensation during urinating. Taking citralka. Done with urine test. Suggest? 20 minutes later
Thanks for the reply doctor. Good to know that I dont have syphillis. Are there any other tests I need to get done to see if I have any other STD?

Thanks,
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Prasad 42 minutes later
Dear XXXXX

I am unsure why you are worried about sexually transmitted disease. Anxiety and stress can cause wide variety of somatic symptoms such as yours.

If at all you need any more tests, based on the details provided, you might need a check on herpes / fungus. A clinical examination under light may provide more clues regarding other tests. I encourage you to consult an urologist and get the thought of sexually transmitted disease resolved.

Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Have itching and burning sensation during urinating. Taking citralka. Done with urine test. Suggest? 3 minutes later
I just wanted to rule out any STD. I am going to consult Urologist. Thanks for replying all my queries doctor. Thanks very much.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 minutes later
You are welcome.

My gut feel is that you will be free from all STD's. I would appreciate if you can close the discussion if you have no further queries.

Wish you a speedy recovery!!!