Ask a Urologist   »  

Have itching and burning on penis. Have minor dermatitis on the thighs. What should be done?

I have itching and sometimes burning on my penis, mostly within 2 inches of where it joins the body. The symtoms are exacerbated by sexual activity or other friction and by a hot bath. This is accompanied by some redness but no bumps, pimples, nor discharge. I have some minor dermatitis on the thighs also for which a dermatologist recommended fisiogel.
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

Have you been examined by a surgeon/ urologist/ dermatologist?
Physical examination is needed to check if it is allergy or infection. Normally, such disturbance occurs close to the tip of the penis.
Of course treatment is decided based on the cause.
Till then, Precipitating factors need to be avoided like hot baths and vigorous sexual activity.

Wishing you best health,