Have itching and bumps on scrotum. Applied hydrocortisone. Worried about STD?

i have a itching and bumps on my Scrotum i just bought anti fungus cream and hydrocortisone and applied it and it really burns right now, im not sexually active i had sex like 2 months ago, i dont know what it is and im worried i might have stds or something so you know what it could be, thank you

also its on my right side of the scrotum and sometime my right side butt check itches and my penis

are you getting these so i know please
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It looks like tinea cruris.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached images.
It is probably tinea cruris or ring worm with slight eczematisation. At some places due to itching, erosions are present.
To treat the same
take oral fluconazole 150 mg weekly
take oral cetirizine twice in a day
Apply a steroid antifungal cream like clotrimazole beclomethasone cream twice in a day. Over erosions apply fusidic acid cream twice in a day. Even if it burns please continue application
Dust the area with antifungal powder after bathing.

with above treatment suggestions, it should clear in a week.

the itching on the right side of Scrotum area and butt cheek could be due to fungal infection. Apply the medicines at these areas too.
This fungal infection is not categorised in STD. So you do not have STD.

Hope this helped. Take care
Follow-up: Have itching and bumps on scrotum. Applied hydrocortisone. Worried about STD? 16 minutes later
Can you please prescribe that because they told me they can't sell some of that stuff u told me to use over the counter my insurance is with golden rule united health care and my pharmacy is in independence Ohio the walgreens
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
We can't prescribe through this site

Detailed Answer:
The medicines that we advise on this site can't be considered as valid prescription at your place.
Of all the drugs only oral fluconazole might require prescription.
If you just want to go with over the counter
take an oral antihistaminic- Benadryl or cetirizine
Apply antifungal steroid cream- mix hydrocortisone with clotrimazole in equal amount and apply
apply antibacterial cream over erosions - mupirocin, fusidic acid, nadifloxacin etc
antifungal dusting powder- clotrimazole powder

All the above are OTC. So initially one may begin with these, if no response is seen, please XXXXXXX a dermatologist so that if required oral antifungal can be given.

Hope that pled.