Have itching all over my body. Applied hydraquortizon cream. Not cured. What to do?

I have itching all over my body and severe itching at my elbows I have been to the dr and was give hydraquortizon cream and was told to use eucerin I was told i have dry skin due to winter and menoupause two weeks later and still the same
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 42 minutes later
Post menopausal itch is quiet common, as estrogen is needed for maintainence of skin.
The treatment you are taking now include a mild steroid (hydrocortisone) and a soothing cream (eucerin).
These products are effective in few itchy conditions, but for you the cause may hormonal, and hence you may require hormone replacement. Many nasal sprays and patches are available in market. Skelse XXXXXXX a gynaecologist and get your estrogen levels tested.
Hope this information helps you a bit.
Let me know if you have any other doubt.
Thank you