Have irritated hair follicle. Blood work and biopsy normal. What could be the cause?

Question
Trying to figure out what is going on with my skin. All my blood work and biopsy coming back normal. Irritated hair folicle
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 minutes later
hello
you may be suffering from folliculitis which is an infection of follicles and may happen to anybody
it causes inflammation of the hair follicle
it is more prone to people having diabetes ,hepatitis ,cancer ,those who have undergone chemoaltherapy and hiv/aids
also it may develop on shaving surfaces
if you want to know more you may provide details
best of luck

Follow-up: Have irritated hair follicle. Blood work and biopsy normal. What could be the cause? 8 minutes later
Could this have been caused by stress or allergic reaction? It was severe about a month ago. It looked like chicken pox on both sides of my face. Has diminished but still have burning around my eyes, cheeks and eyelids. Sun makes it burn but i also have noticed my skin is peeling like its dry but i have oily skin in those areas. I was getting the burning sensation without even going in the sun. This has seemed to go away. But yesterday worked outside and i can feelnthe slight burn. That area is kind of rough.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergic rash, apply calamine lotion

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

The rashes appear to be due to dermatitis caused by allergy and recurrent inflammation triggered by sun light.

Apply Calamine lotion over the rashes to prevent inflammation and facilitate their disappearance.

Follow-up: Have irritated hair follicle. Blood work and biopsy normal. What could be the cause? 13 hours later
If i usually go out in the sun before with no issues why am i having one now? Can this be something more serious .

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nutritional or immune

Detailed Answer:

No, this is not serious. The trigger for such an skin reaction could be nutritional or immune. A detailed examination would help to find some clue into the cause.

Follow-up: Have irritated hair follicle. Blood work and biopsy normal. What could be the cause? 6 hours later
I problem is i have gone for lots of bloodwork doctors and no one can find the cause. My GP is saying it could be stress related. Other doctors thin it could be a herpetic issue. I have been tested for auto immune, thyriod, and allergies. Inhave been to rhumatoligist, neurologist, GP, ENT,allergist, infectious disease, dermatologists, and opthamologist. I am unsure what other avenue i can try to find out why i had this. I am currently going to a pyschologist to help me with my aniexty. This has put a major strain on my everyday activities. Any sugestions

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a skin biopsy done

Detailed Answer:

A psychiatrist consultation may help to alleviate the anxiety but may not help to get rid of the lesions you have.

The cause of the lesions has to be established and exact treatment planned. I consider a skin biopsy would be of help in this regard.