Have irritable bowel syndrome. Get relief from normaxin. How long this medicine be taken safely?

General Surgeon
i have irritable bowel syndrome since last 6-7 years , i get good relief by taking normaxin , my query is how long can one take this medicine safely?, I just started taking normaxin about a week ago two tabs/day 1-0-1
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 39 minutes later
It is nice to hear that you go to Gym regularly.
One of the main causes of Irritable Bowel syndrome(IBS) is Stress/Tension.
It has to be controlled first.
Normaxin contains Chlordiazepoxide is an anxiolytic.So,there is no need for another anxiolytic drug.
Actually,it has to be taken 3-4 times a day before food.
Normaxin can be taken till your symptoms are relieved and there are no side effects.
The response varies from one individual to another
There is no particular time limit for Normaxin.
Wish you good health
Practise Yoga/Meditation for better results.
Follow-up: Have irritable bowel syndrome. Get relief from normaxin. How long this medicine be taken safely? 18 hours later
Thank you doctor for your prompt reply ,normaxin contains three ingredients , including a benzo , iam already taking bupron under my doctor , is there a medicine i mean like normaxin available with only 2 ingredients minus the Chlordiazepoxide, pls let me know the drug name if it is available
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 5 hours later
As far as i know,there is no drug that is available with combination of Clinidium bromide and Dicyclomine.
But,in clinical practise,i got best results with Pre and Probiotic capsule instead of Normaxin.
You can stop bupron and continue with Normaxin.
Wish you good health