Ask a Dentist   »  

Have irregular teeth alignment. What are the treatment available?

Hello Doctor ,
I know what I gonna ask is really silly but you could help me out somehow I would be thankful to you. Actually my front two teeth are on the top of adjacent teeth(basically upper left central is partially on the top of upper left lateral , and , upper right central is partially on the top of upper right lateral) , and a few days back some doctor suggested me that she could remove one or two teeth from sides and realign it. I not very sure about the whole process. Could you please explain me the whole process and cost incurred in the complete process. You could also suggest me what alternate solutions are possible to this problem. Also if you could lemme know some good orthodontist here in bangalore
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 19 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX      

XXXXXXX as you provided the detail; it seems that there is deficiency of proper space for the upper central incisors. XXXXXXX your doctor is right, in this case for orthodontic treatment you need to go for extraction of one or two teeth in the upper jaw.
But I would like to let you know that you should go to an orthodontist and get the complete clinical (oral) examination done including -
1. x 1 rays/OPG.
2. Cast models.

These all are needed for proper treatment planning.
Because with casts and x-rays your dentist will come to know how much space deficiency is there and accordingly he/she can decide whether extraction of your teeth is needed or not, if yes how many teeth should be removed and if not, what could be other treatment possibilities.
XXXXXXX there are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a good orthodontist in your area. You can search on http://healthcare WWW.WWWW.WW Treatment cost may range 20,000 to 30,000rs.
Hope this answered your query, if you have further any doubt, feel free to ask.
Dr.Gunjan Gupta