Have irregular periods, on femilion. Will pregnancy be affected? Other ways to regulate period?

i hav irregular periods problem 4m 1-2 years..i got married 1 month doctor suggest me to take femilon tablet to regulate cycle..i took 2 courses of this tab..i want to know is thr any side effect of this tab on my pregnancy or in my body..we donnt want a child before 10-12 months..pls suggest me is thr any alternate way to regulate cycle nd have a healthy sex life..
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later

Femilon is a combination oral contraceptive pill and is the best way to regularize your periods when you are not planning for a baby. Its contraceptive effect is completely reversible after stopping the drug and you can plan your pregnancy after stopping its use safely.

The side effects are not much and are well tolerated. The common side effects include nausea, headache, weight gain, leg pains, etc.

These pills have many benefits too like they suppress endometrial development, reestablish predictable bleeding patterns, decrease menstrual flow, and lower the risk of gynecologist.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.