Have irregular periods, not getting pregnant, unsuccessful IUI treatment. Help

Infertility Specialist
i have passed 4 years of marriage life and not become pregnant. I am having irregular periods. i have undergone IUI treatment 6 months ago but it was not successful. Please aid me to become mother
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aniruddha Malpani 45 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

The reason your periods are irregular is because you may not be ovulating. This is called anovulation. Read more at WWW.WWWW.WW
This maybe because you have PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). You can read more about this at WWW.WWWW.WW
You need the following medical tests to know about the cause and its treatment.
1. Blood tests for you include the following reproductive hormones - FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), LH (luteinising hormone), PRL (prolactin), AMH (anti-Mullerian hormone) and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) on Day 3 of your cycle. These tests are to check the quality of your eggs. Do this from a reliable lab such as SRL (;
2. A vaginal ultrasound scans which should check for the following.
a. ovarian volume
b. antral follicle count
c. uterus morphology
d. endometrial thickness and texture

Please send me the detailed test results and medical reports. You can scan them in as a single word file and email them to me.

Once we know what the problem is, then we can treat it!

Your chances of conceiving with the right treatment are excellent, because you are young.
We look forward to helping you to have a baby!

Dr Aniruddha Malpani, MD
Malpani Infertility Clinic, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX SBS Road, Colaba
Bombay 400 005. India
Tel: 91-22-0000, 0000, 2218 3270
FAX (India) 91-22-0000. Our US FAX is 1-775-249-6041
Helping couples build families!

PS Read our book, How to Have a Baby - A Guide for the Infertile Couple, online at!