Have irregular, movable and painful lump on leg. Feels warm to touch. What it could be?

Hi-- I've had a very dark irregularly shaped , flat XXXXXXX on my lower leg for about two years. I think it started as a bruise but I don't remember the injury. It is sometimes painful and seems to have moved a centimeter from its original spot. It varies in size from a nickel to a quarter and it and the area around it is sore sometimes and a bit warm to the touch when its sore. I have normal liver and kidney function. I am not diabetic. I take HCTZ and atenolol and lasix for my blood pressure and Wellbutrin for my ADHD. Pap and mamogram are clear .
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 3 hours later

It will be very good if you send a photograph of your lesion because it will make the diagnosis more probable. By the way as per your description there may be many differential diagnoses. As this lesion is persisting we have to exclude malignancy. Persisting eczema has a similar presentation. Therefore you need to consult a dermatologist and if needed an excision biopsy may be done from that lesion to conclusively prove its histopathoogical diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your queries. If you have further quaries you can write back to me.

Dr Arnab Maji