Have irregular heartbeat. Is ECG the best option to check it?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I want to know whether my problem is serious or not according to the report that i have uploaded
Posted Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 28 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I have seen the report attached.

Apart from the heart rate being on higher side everything looks fine. The second line regarding LAE should be considered an artifact as I don't see it on the ECG. That's about the enclosed ECG report.
But be informed that except in heart attacks and continuous arrhythmia, an ECG is not a great diagnostic tool.

If you have any significant symptoms you may be needing some other investigations and please discuss with your physician or write back to me.

To sum it up, your ECG does show some changes which don't seem to suggest any abnormality but however depending on WHY ECG was ordered, you may need further evaluation.

Do write back for further discussion on this.

Follow-up: Have irregular heartbeat. Is ECG the best option to check it? 10 hours later
Hello sir,

My doctor suggested me to take the following tests
2)Blood Test Hemoglobin

I have attached the x XXXXXXX report and hemoglobin count is 14.1%
Please give me further advice

Sorry i forgot to mention that i have breathing trouble and feeling of heart rate being slowed down seldom.
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 13 hours later

Thanks for the revert.

Both the attached reports are normal. You will benefit with just some good physical exercise and stress reduction activities. Some yoga and pranayama should help. I don't see a need for medications at this stage.

Hope this helps you.

Follow-up: Have irregular heartbeat. Is ECG the best option to check it? 12 days later
Actually it happened the other night(3/1/2013) while i was masturbating for more than a hour and i usually masturbate for that long, But this time right after ejaculating i felt like my heart is being slowed down and i was having hard time sleeping due to the fear that my heart is going to stop and i slept only for 3 hours that day.Next morning i went to a doctor and she suggested me to take an ECG(attached) and said everything is normal but i had breathing trouble and discomfort in chest at that time.Then i went to a cardiologist explained my problem he also said that your heart is fine and suggested me to take hemoglobin test and chest X ray(attached).After seeing my reports he said "I guarantee that your heart is fine".So i thought my heart rate is varying and by the time i visit a doctor my heart rate is normal and after that it is becoming slow and i went to another doctor she also said it is normal.But still I am not convinced that it is normal.So i stopped masturbating since that night thinking this should be the cause for my problem.
I bought pulse oximeter to check my heart rate when i feel like my heart is becoming slow and it showed 62-65 bpm and SpO2 is 98.After a week my breathing trouble seems to be getting better but my resting heart rate is always above 85 and sometimes even going 102. So now I suspect that i may have sinus tachycardia.Please help me get rid of this
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 20 hours later
I went through the details with diligence. Everything looks fine. It should most likely be your anxiety that is causing the symptoms.

If all this information and evaluation is not helping you, you should be probably consider getting help from professional counselling. A psychiatrist or a counsellor can help you with this level of anxiety, as it has been affecting your overall health. I see no reason for you to be thinking any more about your heart.

Best regards