Have iron deficiency due to Hiatus Hernia. Taking Livogen as vitamin supplement is permitted?

Question
Taking Livogen as vitamin supplement is permitted? I have iron deficiency anemia due to Hitas Hernia.pl suggest
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 17 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for asking.

Livogen contain iron supplement so is a good medicine to take in case of iron deficiency.

Before starting the iron therapy it is very important to look for the cause by doing iron studies as well as peripheral blood film.

Supplementa needs to be taken for a long period to replenish the body stores.

Thanks.

Please let me know any follow up queries.

Follow-up: Have iron deficiency due to Hiatus Hernia. Taking Livogen as vitamin supplement is permitted? 2 hours later
The blood test result says HB count was less due to anemia due to iron deficiency.But normal iron content in the body was present.
As I have mentioned it was diagnosed in the upper endoscopy test that moderate "hiatal hernia". My family physician said iron deficiency is due that also. After taking Livogen for 6 months the iron levels have gone up and I was advised to stop. Pl Help

Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 45 minutes later
Hiatus hernia can not cause iron deficiency unless there is gastrointestinal bleeding.

If the iron levels and haemoglobin has come back to normal , you can stop the iron tablets.