Have intestinal bug. Started diarrhea, vomiting and feeling nausea. What is the disease and cure available?

Jan 2013

I picked up some sort of intestinal big and was very nauseous. I threw up and had severe diarrhea(very watery). Then very ate very bland for a couple of days. Then I ate somewhat normal for one meal and diarrhea and nausea is back. Was it just too early?
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the available described symptoms, you are suffering from partially controlled acute gastroenteritis.
Presence of loose diarrhea, nausea suggests the diagnosis.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, ultrasound imaging, and serum electrolytes.
You should take complete antibiotic therapy, antispasmodics, probiotics, antipyretics, if needed.
You should maintain your hydration by taking potassium XXXXXXX liquids.
Frequent loose diarrhea may cause loss of potassium with weakness and fatigue feeling.
Take soft diet along with yogurt and banana.
Avoid milk and all milk related products.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava