Have intermmitent quick pain in scrotum. What could be the cause?

i have a intermitment quick pain in my scrotum....every 5-15 seconds. sometimes make me jump. not great pain

Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

It might be necessary to have a complete clinical review. The very first thing would actually be distinguishing between a pain arising in the scrotum, and a pain from the testes. have you noticed any changes in the size of your scrotum?
what triggers the pain? exercise, standing, sitting or it has no particular trigger. Any history of scrotal or testicular surgery? Any family history of testicular tumors?What do you feel when you have this pain? Any nausea, or vomiting?

A proper clinical review is needed to be ascertain the cause of this feeling The commonest and most probable cause would be repeated torsion of a testicular cord or testicular appendage located usually on top of testes. Common abnormalities of the testes called the bell phenomenon, where the h testes hangs within the scrotum like a bell and can easy twist around itself is the commonest cause of such symptoms. It s true that its more common in the young.

However, I suggest a proper complete clinical and paraclinical review by a UROLOGIST would be most welcome. Thanks so much as I wish you good health. Feel free asking any further questions if need be. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.