Have intermittent pain on upper abdomen. Diagnosed with gallstones but it doesn't hurt. Suggest?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have pain that comes and goes on the left upper abdominal just under the rib.. It just come for a second and goes.. I have been diagnosed with one solitary gallstone before, but it doesnt hurt me at all, but i understand that gallstone pain is on the right!, when should i consider seeing a doctor for this left upper abs pain? It just came yesterday and today.. Sometimes it takes a very long time like 2 or 3 hours untill this 1 second pain comes.. And sometimes it come 2 or 3 times in just 15 minuts.. I dont have any other medical issues and im an athlete, another thing, i always worry if a small symptom happens to me how can i get rid of this trait.. Thank u dr.
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 16 days later
Brief Answer:
Reassure yourself, Could Be Gastitis ?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in
I appreciate your concern for your health

As mentioned you have a solitary gallstone, there are patients who suffer from symptoms of gastritis even when their stones are silent

I would suggest you avoid junk and fermented meals and may be if you are used to lifting weights also for your body building, rule out any muscle pull and wait for some days, if this persisits, you may see a doctor

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern