Have intermittent numbness in fingers. What could be the cause?

The ring finger and little finger on my left hand have been numb for 3 days now. There its no other pain or discomfort in the hand, the problem goes away and comes back randomly.
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later

This may be due to the ulnar nerve involvement.

If there is any history of in the medial side of your upper limb or if you are putting pressure in the course of nerve then that may cause the problem. The symptoms may be due to vitamin deficiency also.

You can try multivitamin and Pregabalin tablets for nerve protection/tingling and numbness. Get checked for sugar level once, even though it's abnormality is uncommon at your age.

Have adequate regular sleep, adequate rest to your upper limbs, plenty of fluids, and regular outdoor exercises. Keep your weight under control.

Hope I answered your question. Consult your treating doctor for further management.

Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries or doubts and I shall be glad to help you out. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.