Have intermittent chest pain and hurts when lifting arms. Taking levothyroxine for thyroid. Suggest?

General Surgeon
Hi! For several months I have been questioning why the intermittent chest pain I experience. Right in the middle of my chest I have flickers of pain. This never is severe, always passes quickly and may go away for a week maybe a month, but always returns. One morn I woke and my chest was really sore even to the touch.
Sometimes I notice the pain when I'm lifting my arm or squeezing my arms together, or sometimes I will notice it when I'm just resting. I mentioned this to my family doctor and they agreed it was just muscular pain. But would this continues to unnerve me. Why is this lasting so long and how do I know it is not related to heart health? I do have mild pvcs and have visited a cardiologist and am on metoprolol. also am taking levothyrozine for thyroid. I mentioned this to my cardiologist and he also disregarded it. So I try not to be alarmed. What would your advice be?
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be GERD

Detailed Answer:
Pain in the middle of the chest can be due to Gastric Esophageal Reflux Disease(GERD).
Please get an Upper GI endoscopy to confirm this.
You should have Ultrasound abdomen and X XXXXXXX chest.
If all the above investigations are normal,it can be musculoskeletal pain.
I prescribe Rabeprazole for this complaint to my patients.
If you come back with reports,i will clarify further.
Wish you good health